Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2018

So I Started Bullet Journaling

January is just around the corner. The "New Year New Me" meme is quickly approaching.  Time to convince myself I'll instantly change into the best version of myself and continue to grow and improve over the course of another 12 month. Real talk though, I stopped setting new years goals several years ago because I know each year entails a handful of heartbreaks, a major event, and at least six different hair colors. At least, that's how it's been for the past five years. Will this year be different? Will I actually post regularly and upload more than one youtube video every 6-8 months? I'm not going to lie and say yes. However, I will stubbornly hold on to the hope that this year will in fact be "my year". 

Anyway, to welcome the new year and the illusion of a better me I decided to branch out and try bullet journaling. I genuinely wish I had made this decision sooner. 


I don't know what it is but there is something oddly satisfying about filling a book with artsy pages like this. It fills me with a spark of accomplishment and fuels the illusion that I have this organized grasp on my life. At the same time the perfectionist in me is screaming and comparing my uneven lines to the picture-perfect bullet journal accounts on Pinterest and Instagram. How on earth does everyone make their handwriting look like legitimate font? Then again I'm using a blank sketchbook as opposed to graph paper. 

Anyway, I've added pages with charts to track my sleep and my mood throughout January in an attempt to combat lowgrade depression and insomnia. I made this conscious decision because near the end of the quarter and as of a few weeks ago I neglected my physical health and also allowed myself to become 200% emotionally drained. Hugh sat me down and explained that I'm the type of person who will give to others and feel worthless if I'm not able to do so. "You have to give to yourself." I proceeded to cry in response because that was absolutely true and someone had finally put it into words. 

From here on out self-care is a priority. For the entirety of last night I continued working on my bullet journal and turning to youtube and pinterest for ideas. I drew the line at using the journal for a planner as well because realistically I use planners for a few months, forget about them, and then use them when really important deadlines are about to pass. 

I'm excited to dive into this hobby and hopefully it will inspire me to establish a routine of good habits, a slightly healthier lifestyle, and continually de-stress. Shoutout to @thejournalwitch on Instagram. Your beautiful pages inspired me to get into bullet journaling. 

-JustJane

"Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one."
-Brad Paisley 



No comments:

Post a Comment