Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Alright 2018 That's a Wrap

Two blog posts in a month? Wow, that's a first. Hello readers, it's been a while. I want to say you can start expecting regular posts every other Saturday but if you scroll all the way down this blog to its ancient origin you'll see the only consistency is a lack thereof. If you're new here hello and welcome to the interior of my brain. 

Recently I've been on holiday. Normally I would seek the opportunity to spend every waking minute working on something. Whether it be an art project, acquiring a new skill, a novel, an outline, plotting a manga, work for a client, etc. Instead I have spent mass quantities of time hanging out with my mom and her cousin, my sister and nephews, and my dog. Just kidding, I don't yet have a dog. Emphasis on yet. These past few days I've binge watched Sherlock and now my internal dialogue speaks with a British accent. I have also added meeting Benedict Cumberbatch to my bucket list alongside petting a chinchilla. I stopped fantasizing about meeting celebrities, becoming a paid comic artist, and coming into contact with adorable animals long ago but I recently had a wild revelation; I've spent years with my head in the clouds. Fantasizing about the less likely possibilities, rehearsing interviews with Ellen, Ted Talks with an audience familiar with my work, dreaming and scheming kept me believing. I was so much happier when I let my imagination run wild. Once I started only setting realistic goals, only focusing on what I could do with the skills I currently had, and seeing finances as a way of legitimate survival it became much easier to slip into hours of silence and misery. 

So I decided to let a few goals sound impossible. To dream more and allow my dreams to be outrageous once in a while. I firmly believe living both on earth and in the clouds will lead to a much happier life, for me. 

Anyway, 2018 has been wild and I swear each month my voice sounds completely different in these posts. All of which are dramatic nonetheless. That probably won't ever change. I know that as a person I've changed tremendously. In the beginning of the year I wasn't 100% sure what to do with my life, where to go from where I was, and how frequently my health was going to decline. Or how severely. Now I have fragments of a plan, my work has taken a different turn, I've put myself out there and started reaching out to an audience, and I feel much stronger. I'm not going to be "the quiet girl" anymore. Those days are over! 

As far as my health goes with the aid of bullet journaling I'm going to take better care of myself in 2019. For real. We'll see what happens I'll keep you posted. 

2018 I'm more than happy to leave you behind. However, I take the good memories and take them with me.

-JustJane

"It is what it is"
-John Watson 

No comments:

Post a Comment