Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

One Solid Week of Bullet Journaling

Hello readers we are officially one week into the new year. I've gone back to school and work and finding time for bulletjournaling has honestly been a struggle. However, I have learned a lot. 

For starters, listing what I'm good at. This page was mostly blank for the first five days. The term "good" felt very loose and the perfectionist within defined being good at something as mastering that skill. Lacking experience and being a student in some of those fields made it impossible to meet that standard. After a few days I forced myself to define "good" as "at least one step above amateur" Then I was easily able to really fill the page. 

I stepped back and thought about that experience for a while and realized how much of an influence my inner perfectionist was to my self-confidence. That is something I will have to work on this year. 

I've always known that my circadian rhythm was something to be desired. Seeing it visually mapped out on a chart filled me with a feeling of weirdness I didn't know how to put to words. At the same time there was something oddly satisfying about routinely coloring in charts. Can someone with a full understanding of human psychology explain this to me please?









Struggling with lowgrade depression was not a surprise. I was highly aware that I could go days feeling numb or overwhelmed with sadness and frustration that I couldn't find the root cause of. However, seeing the struggle mapped out in a colorful, creative, fashion also felt weird. I want the bright colors to outweigh the dark and I want to believe that I'm in an uplifting mood every day for the entirety of the day. That's not reality though. This week has been a struggle but the next one will be better. 





This page, like most of the journal is just oddly satisfying for me to look at minus the lack of actual bulleted paper. (When you're on a budget you've got to make do with what you have am I right?) 
There is something about the room for creativity in this hobby that sparks relaxation but also excitement. 
It brings about the joy I felt as a kid when coloring in coloring books but also inspires me to break into good habits like actually keeping track of my finances, being aware of my lack of self-confidence and mood swings, and tracking my workout routine. 




All in all I can rightfully say this has been one of the most zen hobbies I have ever gotten into. I'm eager to see how this next week goes. 10/10 would recommend. 

-JustJane

"Journal writing is a voyage to the interior."
-Christina Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment