Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Dream Board

Some time last year I purchased a medium sized cork board with the intention of creating a Dream Board. A Dream Board is exactly as it sounds. You pin pictures of your dreams to it. The philosophy behind it is interconnected with the Law of Attraction. Seeing is believing. I don't know if I can describe in words how satisfying it was to make this. The sudden rush from pressing the pins into the board and organizing the pictures accordingly (maybe that's the graphic designer speaking) but suddenly, as if I had been spiritually awakened, I developed an incredibly strong want to fill every inch of the board with pictures. And dream bigger. I realized that as an adult my ability to dream big has deteriorated over time. As adults our dreams are crushed by simple phrases like "Be realistic" "How are you going to pay for that?" "That's impossible". What happened to dreaming big? 


When I was a small child I had no problem dreaming of being a power-ranger,spy,detective,ballerina,rock-star,director,mermaid,before graduating high school.Now I don't (yet) know how to make a living off of what I love, making my family proud, and fulfilling my purpose. I'm at a point where it feels like if I want to be realistic I can only pick one of those three. Ciycay and our friend Mavis dream of double-date traveling to exquisite places like Italy and Dubai. They have business plans to make this extravagant goal a reality. My first thought was, a conditioned thought, is realism and doubt. I worried about having to take time off my day job, the cost, how many years it would take to get there, if anything happened would insurance cover it? How worried my mom would be if she heard I was sharing a hotel suite with Ciycay an Mavis, and that's when I realized how deteriorated my ability to dream was. My brain wouldn't even allow me to enjoy the idea of such an adventure. I just instantly skipped to dream-crushing-realism. I hate that more than anything. 

Yes there are some dreams that are in fact unrealistic. Like biologically growing a pair of wings or traveling around the entire world in 24 hours and being able to stop in every city and look around. Or living on Jupiter. However the deeper I look into it the impossible dreams are only scientifically impossible. 

Changing your race - scientifically impossible. 
Winning a race with a prosthetic leg - scientifically possible.

Growing gills to breathe underwater and be a real mermaid - absolute scientifically impossible especially for humans.
Being a mermaid - Google how to be a mermaid. There are organizations dedicated to making it a possibility. 

I now see life's exquisite possibilities this way; if it hasn't been proven possible by science it's impossible. Other than that anything is 100% possible. 2018 will be the year I exhume my inner dreamer!

-JustJane 
"The sky is NOT the limit. Beyond the universe is."
-Suzy Kassem 



No comments:

Post a Comment