Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Adventures in Texas: The Miracle of Life

Today was an incredibly eventful day. Gray's siamese cat came out of the closet with one of her babies hanging out. We panicked and alerted Gray's mom. His cat pushed out two. When I came back from my scheduled adventure with Gray's mom there was one more. We were rejoicing at the beautiful sight. My heart was filled to the brim with warmth and joy and I couldn't help but smile every time the little squeakers made a sound. Within minutes my cheeks hurt from smiling. I thought to myself "Today is the day I have witnessed cat-birth!" 
Gray and I felt as though we were at a hospital waiting for the doctor to announce the babies' condition. Gray's mom faced the challenges head on and delivered the next two kittens. Unfortunately the day turned dark and grey real quick. Gray tried to save the two newborns in his hand. They grew their wings. My heart fell to the floor and shattered into a thousand pieces. I had fallen in Love with the thought of them being alive and coming into this world and quickly became attached to them on sight. Only to be devastated by their early dance with death. We prayed for them and buried them in the yard. Even though I only knew them for a couple minutes my heart was mourning.

Moments later Gray checked on the kittens and I scrambled for a paper towel. She was having two more. Gray threw his old shirts into a box in case we needed to move the babies and the mamma. The babies were scheduled to come next week. There wasn't time to properly prepare the box. 
The previous cat owner came to see the babies and ended up helping deliver two more newborns. Unfortunately they didn't make it either and had to be buried as well. Our hearts were all torn but we were thankful for the twins that were born. TT came into the room. I had to keep her away from the closet. Hours later she stood in front of the door and bat her paws at the other cats. She knew the babies were in the closet. She's still protecting them as of now. 
I still smile every time I hear their little squeaks. I don't think my words can describe how magical of a feeling it was to witness the birth of the kittens and I have a feeling watching them grow up is going to be equally magical. 

I now a have a deeper understanding of how mothers feel seeing their babies for the first time. The anticipation of their arrival and the anxiety that comes with delivery. Because of this I absolutely cannot understand how anyone could abuse kittens, infants, or newborn lives in general. You have to be absolutely heartless to inflict pain or death on such a delicate creatures just being brought into the world. 
-Just Jane 

"The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts."
-unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment