Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2018

New Projects and Other Updates


Posting once a month is a step up from posting once every 2-8 months right? Like they always say consistency is key. 

I am currently working on two projects. At the same time. That sounds strange but keep in mind my mind cannot focus on one thing at a time. I was in the middle of a paragraph of a manuscript and my brain began drafting the plot for a brand new manga project. But when I was working on color palettes for the manga project my brain started filling plot holes in the manuscript. This has never happened before and frankly I have no idea what to do about it other than let it be. 

What are these two projects you ask? I would say they're amazing but that's more up to you than it is to me. 



April 2019 I will be rebooting the J. and S. Adventure series starting with #1. Appropriately named A New Beginning. 

Tropic Silver Heart’s greatest detective; Jayne Hellmine has finally woken up from a coma. Before she is released from the hospital she must open a password protected file that holds the answers to all her questions such as; why does her doctor keep calling her Ace? Why is a boy with pink hair and a gun chasing her? Who is Samantha Riddle? And on top of that Jayne has to avoid the zombies. 

The novel will be available for download on AmazonKindle, iBooks, Nook, Kobo, and you will also be able to purchase or download copies from my author page on lulu.com. I originally started the series in fourth grade after realizing how many years of education it would take to fulfill my obnoxious childhood career goals. The careers I wanted were something along the lines of; secret agent, ninja, power ranger, detective, neuroscientist, cheerleader, rockstar, and ballerina, simultaneously of course. I later realized instead of pursuing all those careers for the rest of my life I could just write books instead. This action packed, young adult, sci-fi, romance incorporates some of those childhood dreams but also explores LGBTQ sexual orientation and identities and mental health struggles. Topics that I am passionate about and first hand experienced. 

My other project is a magical girl manga based off yōkai and shrine maidens. That's all I can tell you for now. Follow me on Instagram @JanejiraDraws to see this project blossom. 

In other news I'll be going back to school in the Fall. I'm nervously excited to connect with new people and get back into the swing of serious learning. Making new memories and creating art.
That's all for now. Maybe I'll post a second time this month we'll see what the future holds. I do hope Spotify thinks about change back it's mobile interface. I'm not fond of the new one. 

-Just Jane

"Creativity takes courage."
-Henri Matisse




No comments:

Post a Comment