Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Upcoming Convention and How Far I've Come

There goes the new year's goal of keeping this gosh dang blog updated. It's been an eternity since I've last posted. Anyway Sakuracon is quickly approaching. This will be my 8th time going. Originally in August I intended to go with Gray and do two couple cosplays. These past few weeks I've stared deep into the mirror and reflected on how far I've come.

For those of you who don't know I started getting into cosplay around 2009. At first I only cosplayed on Halloween. Despite my background as a Thai dancer I had no knowledge on how to acquire and apply professional makeup other than lipstick. My mom made the entire cosplay while I just photoshopped/sketched the designs and I would never buy wigs and or shoes. Now I purchase makeup solely for cosplay and apply advanced techniques and precise blending, paint my own shoes, make more Amazon purchases than I can count, and have become highly addicted to velcro and Tulip Glow in the dark paint. 

This past week I've been working with Ciycay and my best friend on cosplays and commissions for Sakuracon. Painted venetian masks, demon battle armor, a phoenix gown, an Elias mask from Ancient Magus Bride, and Griffith's sword from Berserk. I never thought I would come this far. It's been such a journey working with my romantic partner and sisterly best friend and along the way I have discovered a deep and passionate love for painting and fine detailing. 

Photos will be posted to my cosplay page PrincePeachfulCosplay
I'll post again after con. 
-Just Jane

"If you can dream it you can do it." -Walt Disney 

No comments:

Post a Comment